Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, and management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999 outlines what employers must follow in regards to its employees as well as the public. The employer is responsible for identifying risks and then address them.
All employers should take the risk and results. In offices and shops, this will be a simple process that will not be too time consuming. The employer must then deal of risk and provide clear information and training to employees and set up emergency measures.
Every workplace is of course different from the standard, here are some tips that employers and employees must tariffs
• Fire doors must be closed at all times, you will know that they are fire doors if they have signs saying so at the
• emergency exits and walkways must be kept clear and not hinder all time
• pipelines shall not be stretched across walkways that could create a trip or electrical hazard
• Heavy items should not be stored on high shelves
• Employees should not have to carry heavy objects without proper training and should not be lifting that are too heavy for them
• Employees should not be climbing height without proper training and definitely not climb on tables or chairs
• Fire-fighting equipment such as fire extinguishers should be frequently checked
• calls regularly – ensuring that they can be heard from around the house
• Employees must be fully aware of the fire Evacuation procedures
Make sure employees are aware of how to handle this type of situation, to ensure all employees are familiar with escape routes, assembly stations and points where the equipment is located.
All companies should have a first aid box on site which is fully equipped. It should also be one person appointed to take charge of emergency by calling emergency services. This person need not be first aid training but it’s worth it to have someone in the house is, if an urgent situation.
The staff always undergo health and safety training from a professional provider. This can be done online, seminars, classes and workshops. If you are an employee to ensure that you are aware of all the necessary and you have the right to ask if anything is unclear.
If you are an employer, make sure employees know the procedure and send them on training courses if it would help to put your mind at ease.